Innovation Partnership Scheme Panel
The remit of the IPS panel is to make recommendations on grant applications received against the calls for IPS, Follow-on-Funding and IPS fellows. Applications will have an innovation focus with technology coming from work previously or currently funded by the STFC core science programme (nuclear physics, particle physics & particle astrophysics, astronomy & space science, and accelerators & computing in support of these). The application of the science that STFC supports can be applied to a much wider range of sectors/markets, so we would welcome applicants who have expertise in a range of market sectors.
The panel members are asked to:
- Develop and maintain a reasonable level of knowledge of the science areas and strategy of STFC and future opportunities
- Asses and make recommendations on grant applications received against the calls for IPS and Follow-on-Funding.
- Consult and interact with the community, and feedback to STFC as appropriate to provide a route for communication
- Provide advice to the programme manager in relation to IPS as requested
- Attend twice yearly panel meetings
- To comment on and/or make recommendations regarding any other business or partnership applications as required
- Liaise with other panel members or advisory panels if/when appropriate
- Desirable skills include team-working: understanding and applying effective communication to problem-solving, listening; participating and balancing views, arguments, and interests of other participants, providing constructive resolutions; to be able to acknowledge contributions and suggestions of others.
*If you would like to apply for IPS funding, please follow this link
For further information on the Innovation Partnership Scheme (IPS) Advisory Panel please contact Helen Randell-Sly