We are creating a unified UKRI website that brings together the existing research council, Innovate UK and Research England websites.
If you would like to be involved in its development let us know.

Data Protection / Freedom of Information

To make a request for your own personal data under the General Data Protection Regulations

To help us to locate the information please outline your request as clearly as possible, providing any relevant dates, organisations or names, and tell us if you would like to receive the information, either in hard copy or in electronic format. Please email or write to us:

Data Protection Officer
UK Research and Innovation
Polaris House
Swindon, SN2 1FL

For further information, see the UKRI Data Protection Policy.

General enquiries

If you have a general enquiry about the work of the UK Research and Innovation then you can email us at communications@ukri.org.

Records Management

As a public records body UK Research and Innovation recognises records management as an essential corporate function to support effectiveness and public accountability.

For further information, see the UKRI Records Management Policy.

UKRI records are defined as information created, received, and maintained as evidence and information by UKRI or its employees, in pursuance of legal obligations or in the transaction of business. UKRI, as the new legal entity, is a Public Records Body.

Appeal against non-disclosure

If you have made a request to us under the Freedom of Information Act, General Data Protection Regulation or the Environmental Information Regulations and you are not satisfied with the way we dealt with it, you may appeal in the first instance to the UK Research and Innovation Complaints Officer:

Complaints Officer
UK Research and Innovation
Polaris House
North Star Avenue


Please write to us giving as much detail as you can about your complaint. We will acknowledge your letter immediately and tell you how long we will take to deal with it. We will then investigate your complaint fully and fairly and send you a swift and complete response. We will also consider your complaint when reviewing how we can improve our services.

If you are not satisfied with the Complaints Officer's response you may contact the Information Commissioner for a decision:

Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane
0303 123 1113

Details of how to take your complaint further can be found on the Information Commissioner's Office website.

Last updated: 03 April 2018


Science and Technology Facilities Council
Switchboard: +44 (0)1793 442000