CICT (Corporate Information and Communications Technology) provide a range of underpinning ICT services to STFC, its departments and Campus tenants.
CICT is structured into 3 divisions – Networks, Enterprise and Business. The support and delivery model varies between departments and sites with several of the larger departments maintaining their own internal support infrastructure.
Note that desktops, networks and telephony for STFC staff located at Polaris House is provided by UK SBS (UK Shared Business Services).
- Provision of the physical network infrastructure at Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (RAL), Daresbury Laboratory (DL), Chilbolton Observatory and The Coseners House, connections to the JANET academic network and between sites
- Logical network infrastructure across all sites
- Network security services
- Telephony infrastructure and support
- Video Conferencing infrastructure and support across all sites
- Management and operation of RAL data centres
- Support of the STFC authentication services (Active Directory and Shibboleth) and client IT security services
- STFC Exchange email and calendaring service
- Service desks at RAL and DL
- Backup services at RAL and DL
- Corporate SharePoint service supporting STFC Intranet and corporate and departmental collaboration and processes
- Corporate user database
- Business applications and management information processes