STFC B4I Roadshow for Agri/Food/Drink Sector
£8M Now Available to Support UK Industry in Boosting Productivity Come and hear how STFC added value to companies in Agri/Food/Drink sector
Wednesday 14 November
Harper Adams University
On Wednesday 14 November STFC will be hosting an event to show how we can help address the current challenges in the Agri/Food/Drink sector. Learn how we have assisted the likes of Unilever to overcome difficult technical challenges and added value to these companies.
This event offers companies who need to overcome problems that restrict their productivity and competitiveness, an opportunity to discuss their issues with world leading experts and learn how to access some of the £8M in funding available to this programme.
Register on Eventbrite
What does STFC have to offer?
STFC funds and operates a number of large science facilities offering research and development access to commercial users and can provide access to advanced experimental and computational tools to address challenges in all aspects of the food production and packaging supply chain.
Why should you attend?
- Learn about funding opportunities;
- Talk to the coordinators of the B4I funding scheme;
- Discus your challenge with world leading scientists;
- Identify potential projects with STFC experts;
- Understand how to access leading edge research infrastructure;
- Partake in the facility tour at Harper Adams University, including the Dairy Crest Innovation Centre, Poultry and crop and environment research centres;
- Network with other agri-food companies.
Example collaborations with the Agri/Food/Drink Industry
Here are the web links to some STFC facilities case studies on agriculture, food and drink:
Other projects STFC have participated in include:
- Using drones to gather multispectral image date to measure crop quality;
- Optimising supply chains to reduce food waste;
- Investigating the microstructures of food snacks;
- Continuous ammonia monitoring for agriculture;
- Nondestructive testing to determine fruit quality;
- Remote sensing of soil water content;
- Portable measurement of fruit juice quality;
- Automated fruit ripeness measurements;
- Heavy metal detection and distribution in rice;
- Forecasting agricultural crop yields.
- Michael Ayres – Managing Director, Flexible Power Systems
- Harry Barraza – Relationship Development Director, LGC
- Andy Cureton – interim co-Directors for ISCF Transforming Food Production
- John W. Crawford FRSE FIMA – Rothamsted Research
- Jack Farmer – Co Founder, LettUs Grow Ltd
- Neil George – Science and Technology Fellow at Syngenta Crop Protection
- Si Pearson – University of Lincoln
- Stacie Tibos – Pepsico
Who should attend?
- Problem holders and those looking to overcome issues limiting the productivity of their organisation;
- Organisation technical leads;
- Organisation decision makers.
About the funding
Bridging for Innovators (B4I) is a programme run by STFC to support UK industry to overcome challenging product, manufacturing or process performance. Accessing our unique laboratories and engaging with world class researchers, you will develop projects that address your specific challenge and help you make a step-change to your business.
Full details of scope, eligibility and application process are available here. For further information on Bridging for Innovators, visit the webpage, or contact Ling Xu.